Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox depends upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit can be influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Dual and Triple stage Horizontal gear products type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical gear models type VC are recommended for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement should be specified while buying the gear units.
1. Compute the required reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Refer to the rating table, find in the ratio column and predicated on input rpm verify the gear box ranking horizontally for various course of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected in a way that the ranked HP is equal or even more than the consumed HP.
1. Select a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric engine for hoist drive in a class II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will become suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is usually 9, the unit HB-350 will end up being suitable.
2. Select a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for input rpm of 960 in course IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Found this article on crane duty helical gearbox interesting after that see our web site for much more.